Orion Art at White Dog Studio

Welcome to the Orion Art at White Dog Studio Blog!

Look around...Enjoy the sights.

All artworks are for sale, contact me via this blog or at
maryann@orionwhitedog.com for inquiries. To see more of my paintings visit my website at http://www.orionwhitedog.com/

Thanks for visiting!

Friday, February 13, 2009

Concert on a Weeknight




Going out on a weeknight wouldn't have phased me; oh lets say about a decade ago. Now I'm a bit off kilter for a day or so. But Derek Trucks was worth it. Boy wonder who played guitar w/ the Allman Brother's Band when he was 10. Twenty years later, he's got his own band and playing slide guitar like you wouldn't believe. I don't play guitar, but I love to listen and love to see the great guitarists when possible. Derek Trucks is one of the great ones. Not only can he play incredibly, the genres he plays are diverse. Blues, Jazz (Coltrane), jamming (ala Allman Brothers), Eastern.
He has a quiet demeanor on stage; a great band with him. The percussion and keyboards were excellent.

Okay. Enough music review.

The pics are okay, only had a cell phone.




No comments:

Post a Comment