Orion Art at White Dog Studio

Welcome to the Orion Art at White Dog Studio Blog!

Look around...Enjoy the sights.

All artworks are for sale, contact me via this blog or at
maryann@orionwhitedog.com for inquiries. To see more of my paintings visit my website at http://www.orionwhitedog.com/

Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Marblehead, Ohio~~Lakeside

Lake Erie Through the Trees
Oil on Panel  2010
6 x 8

This is the view I painted last Sunday morning at the Marblehead Peninsula during the Ohio Plein Air Society Paintout.  As mentioned in the last post, it took me a while to get in my groove, and I'm not sure if I ever really did.  I loosened up by the time I got to this painting, (after a good night's sleep which helped the head cold turn the corner), but not to where I wanted to be. 
Oh well.  C'est la vie. 
It was still beneficial practice learning to paint the colors of Lake Erie and so great to be with other painters.

HW Farber asked me what cornhole is in reference to the last post.  Ahhh. Cornhole.  How to explain it.  For those of you who don't know what it is and those of you who do and would like some mild enternainment courtesy of my brother then you might like to visit here
I'm not entirely sure where the game started, maybe southern Ohio.  Very popular on college campuses, tailgating parties and parties in general.  It is lots of fun, even the atheletically challenged (me) can play.  It's just tossing a bean bag at a board with a hole in it. 1 point if the bag lands on the board, 3 for getting it in the hole.  Play usually goes to 21.
Enjoy the video!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the video--you look fantastic. Had I been there I would have had to play--I'm a horseshoe-pitching champion.

    What amazing colors Lake Erie has. A beautiful painting--it has the Indigomar look. (When I first saw your ID, I read it as Indigimar and I thought "indigenous." I still think that.)

    ReplyDelete