Orion Art at White Dog Studio

Welcome to the Orion Art at White Dog Studio Blog!

Look around...Enjoy the sights.

All artworks are for sale, contact me via this blog or at
maryann@orionwhitedog.com for inquiries. To see more of my paintings visit my website at http://www.orionwhitedog.com/

Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Yellow Sky


 
I painted this about a week and a half ago, it seems like another lifetime.
The days have been full since school started.
Once the routine settles in, I'll get out and paint some autumn scenes. 
For now there's this.  A sunset over a pond at Orchard Hills Park.  The sky started as a pale blue, but as the light changed it morphed to yelllow.  So beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Even to me, it seems your summer break was very short.

    This is beautiful. I love the paintings with skies other than blue and trees other than green. I look when I'm outside--I see blue and green. Maybe my timing is off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallie, you're so right about the summer break being short. Our schedule was shifted to a week earlier start, to adjust the exam schedule. Exams will now be before Christmas and before Memorial Day. Summer break will start next year right after Memorial Day! Not bad, I guess worth it in the long run.
    I love this painting, I was just hitting my stride and then BAM! Back to work. But--I'll get out on some nice fall evenings to paint. The light is changing already, we're getting those nice long shadows that happen at this time of year. YUM, can't wait to paint them!

    ReplyDelete