Orion Art at White Dog Studio

Welcome to the Orion Art at White Dog Studio Blog!

Look around...Enjoy the sights.

All artworks are for sale, contact me via this blog or at
maryann@orionwhitedog.com for inquiries. To see more of my paintings visit my website at http://www.orionwhitedog.com/

Thanks for visiting!

Friday, October 26, 2012

Summer Workshop

Okay, okay....yes it has been a loooooong time since I posted. Call it a hiatus.
But, I have been checking in on the blogs I follow, reading, looking, keeping up with your art and art lives.
 
 
The two paintings posted below are some of the results of a workshop I took this summer with Kathleen Elsey at the Cuyahoga Valley Arts Center.  She is a wonderful instructor and wonderful painter!  Please visit her site and check out all of her impressive paintings.
 
 
 
 
20  x 24 
oil on canvas
 

                                                                          
                                                                                              20 x 24
                                                                                             Blue Vase
                                                                                            Oil on Canvas
 
The top painting was done while at the workshop; Blue Vase was painted in my back yard a few weeks after the workshop.  It was fun to shift away from the landscape as subject matter and work with still life compositions.  What a pleasure too, to spend entire days painting and painting and painting....with like minded souls.  Complete immersion. 


 

14 comments:

  1. Wow--you disappeared for five months; then showed up with a couple of beautiful still lifes--a different mood from your landscapes.

    I checked out the website for Kathleen Elsey and her landscapes reminded me of yours. Very colorful. When I look around outside I just see greens and blues; however, I see lots of colors in faces. Maybe I should spend more time outside (but the sun and fresh air gives me a headache--even when golfing).

    I'm glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hallie,
    There's more paintings to share from the summer. I'll keep 'em coming.
    So glad you looked at Kathleen's site--I really love her work, I guess I have an affinity because our styles are similar.
    ttyl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed that you're a qualified for your web site! I am establishing a webpage soon, and also your tips will be really used in me. Thank you for your entire assistance and also hoping all of you the actual success inside your organization. website design Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  4. coll http://oogalaxy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It\'s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained!

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.royaltyfreebeats.net/

    Now you can download the freshest royalty free hip hop beats and instrumentals online for use in your Singles, Demos or Album projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete