Orion Art at White Dog Studio

Welcome to the Orion Art at White Dog Studio Blog!

Look around...Enjoy the sights.

All artworks are for sale, contact me via this blog or at
maryann@orionwhitedog.com for inquiries. To see more of my paintings visit my website at http://www.orionwhitedog.com/

Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Revisiting a favorite landscape




This landscape was done about 10 years ago. I was in my oil pastel phase. A perfect medium for a busy life. The kids were all in school, I was working full time (still am) and pastels are easy to use, work on in a spare moment, without lots of cleanup that oils would have.
I love the section of landscape this depicts. The look of fields of color showing through a line of trees is beautiful to me.
So I had this landscape in a drawer. It needs new glass and I can hang it. One of those little jobs I've put aside. When I found it, I thought of trying it in oils.
One image is conventional use of color, the other not so conventional.
Here they are, oil on panel (old dresser drawer panels), now that they're posted, I see a few things to adjust, but they're done otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment