Orion Art at White Dog Studio

Welcome to the Orion Art at White Dog Studio Blog!

Look around...Enjoy the sights.

All artworks are for sale, contact me via this blog or at
maryann@orionwhitedog.com for inquiries. To see more of my paintings visit my website at http://www.orionwhitedog.com/

Thanks for visiting!

Monday, January 7, 2008

Treeline Memories

I've revisited a place in my memory that I visited this summer (in my memory). I saw this row of trees in Ashtabula County about 15 years ago. The light and color of the fields behind the trees is what caught my attention, the row of trees themselves create a nice negative space for the background field. I'm having fun with this arrangement of shapes--pushing the color possibilities.
This diptych 'happened' the other day. I love it when a painting emerges, seemingly on its own...with a life of its own.

8 comments:

  1. hey...
    I like it! Though I have to admit, I had to look up diptich (NOUN: 1. A work consisting of two painted or carved panels that are hinged together).

    Very different for you...way to go outside the box! I love those trees!!!

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias, MJ!
    Leaving the box is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i really love this one...it looks very psychedelic and bright. kinda reminds me of lucy in the sky with diamonds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I am enjoying your winter photos, too--makes me homesick for NW Pa holidays, where I grew up.
    I received the painting you sent in the "pay it forward" event---I love it! I haven't hung it yet--right now it's hanging out on my altar. I have just moved into a new studio space & am still getting unpacked. I will put it on my blog when I get caught up here a little. Thank you so much!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine,
    I'm glad the painting made it safely! I'm honored that its on your altar. I wish you well with the new studio space.
    m.a.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this too.
    The special works, those little visual seeds that need some time to germinate, often grow into the most soulful creativity, as this piece expresses perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zooms
    you are so right about seeds germinating. many images linger in the visual memory, it's intriguing to see where and when they'll emerge and how often.
    by the way, i've visited your blog (s), makes me long for warmth and fresh food!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As T would say " when you're ready"
    you're most welcome.

    ReplyDelete