Orion Art at White Dog Studio

Welcome to the Orion Art at White Dog Studio Blog!

Look around...Enjoy the sights.

All artworks are for sale, contact me via this blog or at
maryann@orionwhitedog.com for inquiries. To see more of my paintings visit my website at http://www.orionwhitedog.com/

Thanks for visiting!

Friday, January 30, 2009

My Studio is Overflowing Sale




A few months ago I made the decision to have a sale on my website choosing the month of February as THE month to do it. This decision wasn't made without lots of deliberation. So many questions like whether it's a good business decision or not? am I giving away my work? Will people really want to buy because it's a low price--will it be perceived as "cheap" in a bad way?

But...my crowded studio situation put the kabosh on all my doubts along with conversation with people who have good practical thinking minds; setting me straight.

There is also the new studio being built. All the art in the current studio doesn't need to move to the new studio. The new studio will host new paintings! (some of my favorites will stay with me) In addition, in light of today's economy, offering my artwork at a lowered price makes it a possibility for people to buy if they're inclined to do so!

I'm offering my work for HALF OFF for all of February; if any of my readers would be kind enough to spread the word to art lovers, art collectors; those you think might be interested...send them on over to this blog or to my website.

Regarding the painting I chose to post today. It has been titled 'Journey' and 'Anam' (anam means soul in Celtic)and finally 'Anam Turas'--Soul Journey in Celtic. When I started this blog, this painting was one of my first to post. It is 4' x 5' and hangs on one wall of the studio. I began the painting in the winter of 2007, finished it somewhere in the summer or fall of the same year. (There is a fold that shows in this pic., it worked its way out of the painting. I stretched it after I painted it and the canvas I used had a fold in it) It is based on dream images and my thoughts on family, relationships, our life/death journey. Several people I love passed away, people I love needed care, people I love gathered to care for our loved ones. All of these people are in the painting in spirit, symbolically, in thought, and in name. I added my dad's name this year; names of the deceased are written in the upper left of the painting.
White Dog is in the painting, he's a dream image that has shown up on and off in my dreams since I was young.

So looking back to when I started 'blogging' and I look at all that has happened in life. And I look at all the art I've created and the artistic growth and I'm satisfied--with painting lessons learned and with painting successes. Plus, I'm excited--so much more to create, techniques and media to play with, places to go (another trip to Ireland sits in the back of my mind, I'm thinking 2010). I want to get out this summer and do lots of Plein Air paintings! Ahhh, such plans.. all good.

Lastly, looking back to the start of this blogging adventure; there are so many people I've connected with and it keeps growing! Lots of interesting and good people to talk with about art and a variety of other subjects.

Okay, I didn't start this post with the idea of getting philosophical and all reflective... so enough:)

No comments:

Post a Comment