Orion Art at White Dog Studio

Welcome to the Orion Art at White Dog Studio Blog!

Look around...Enjoy the sights.

All artworks are for sale, contact me via this blog or at
maryann@orionwhitedog.com for inquiries. To see more of my paintings visit my website at http://www.orionwhitedog.com/

Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Where is Home? what started as a sketch




Continuing with the sketchbook inspired paintings and the series which I've titled "Where is Home?", this piece is completed.
Where is Home? The question emerged sometime after my Dad died. Home in memory. All that is in a home, who makes it home.
The image of the triangle, symbolizing journey, our journeys...but there is always home in some way for most of us on our life journey.
One night I was driving home and a barn down the road was illuminated in moonlight. I identified with image of the barn and have related it to the universal 'home shape', four walls and a pointed roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment