Orion Art at White Dog Studio

Welcome to the Orion Art at White Dog Studio Blog!

Look around...Enjoy the sights.

All artworks are for sale, contact me via this blog or at
maryann@orionwhitedog.com for inquiries. To see more of my paintings visit my website at http://www.orionwhitedog.com/

Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Finishing a painting (Why I love Spring)




MY SPRING 36 x 48 Oil on Canvas

(Because I love color and can't resist lush use of color, I played with the colors when I painted this. They're intensified. Hence the title)


When I started this painting there was snow on the ground, but it was February of this year. There was just a hint of that color the trees start to show as the buds prepare to bloom later in the spring. Which is one of the things I love about Spring. Every day brings a change in color which in turn changes the perception of the landscape. The change is so subtle at the start and also so dependent on the weather and the light. (in contrast there are the long shadows of autumn and the sparkling light) Some other things that are great about Spring are the bird migrations; there is always a new bird's arrival to anticipate and to see. Even now in the quiet of winter, the Great Horned Owls are beginning to nest. LIFE always.

As the winter solstice approaches, I take comfort knowing that after the shortest day of the year, the light increases every day. The sun ascends higher on the horizon and the light makes magic in the air, on the trees, on the land.

1 comment:

  1. i really like your color choices in ridgeline in Spring....looks like my Virginia mounyains

    ReplyDelete